The mission of America’s Ticket is to allow everyone the ability to have a voice and an equal opportunity to get involved in our democracy in a safe, negative-free and unbiased environment. To protect the experience of America’s Ticket users we have some limitations on the type of content and behavior that we allow that are set forth in this America’s Ticket Code of Conduct. If at any time you see something on America’s Ticket that violates these rules, please report it to us.
All individuals accessing or using the America’s Ticket Platform must adhere to the policies set forth in the America’s Ticket Code of Conduct. Failure to do so may result in America’s Ticket taking one or more of the following enforcement actions:
- we may close, suspend, or limit your access to your America’s Ticket Account or the America’s Ticket Platform (such as limiting your ability to send messages or to make or receive contributions or pledges
- we may contact your bank or credit card issuer and warn other users, law enforcement, or impacted third parties of your actions
- we may update inaccurate information you provided us
- we may refuse to provide you with access to the America’s Ticket Platform in the future; and
- we may take legal action against you.
If you attempt to evade a permanent suspension by creating new accounts, we will suspend your new accounts.
Please note that we may need to change the America’s Ticket Code of Conduct from time to time and reserve the right to do so. The most current version is always available on the America’s Ticket.com website.
You may not use the America’s Ticket Platform for any unlawful purposes or in furtherance of illegal activities. By using America’s Ticket, you agree to comply with all applicable laws governing your online conduct and content.
We believe in freedom of expression and open dialogue, but that means little as an underlying philosophy if voices are silenced because people are afraid to speak up. In order to ensure that people feel safe expressing diverse opinions and beliefs, we prohibit behavior that crosses the line into abuse, including behavior that harasses, intimidates, or uses fear to silence another user’s voice.
Context matters when evaluating for abusive behavior and determining appropriate enforcement actions. Factors we may take into consideration include, but are not limited to whether
- the behavior is targeted at an individual or group of people
- the report has been filed by the target of the abuse or a bystander
- the behavior is newsworthy and in the legitimate public interest
Harassment and Hateful Speech or ConductHarassment: You may not engage in the targeted harassment of someone or incite other people to do so. We consider abusive behavior an attempt to harass, intimidate, or silence someone else’s voice. While you may comment via your America’s Ticket Account, you may not do so if the intent of the account is to engage in abusive behavior.
Hateful Speech or Conduct: You may not promote violence against, threaten, attack or harass other people on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, religious affiliation, age, disability, or serious disease. We also do not allow accounts whose primary purpose is inciting harm towards others on the basis of these categories.
Examples of what we do not tolerate include behavior that harasses individuals or groups of people with:
Threats to expose / hack: You may not threaten to expose someone’s private information. You also may not threaten to hack or break into someone’s digital information.
- violent threats
- wishes for the physical harm, death, or disease of individuals or groups
- references to mass murder, violent events, or specific means of violence in which/with which such groups have been the primary targets or victims
- behavior that incites fear about a protected group
- repeated and/or non-consensual slurs, epithets, racist and sexist tropes, or other content that degrades someone.
You may not impersonate individuals, groups, or organizations in a manner that is intended to or does mislead, confuse, or deceive others and are subject to all city, county, state and federal laws.
Spam and Security
We strive to protect America’s Ticket users from technical abuse and spam.
To promote a stable and secure environment on America’s Ticket, you may not do, or attempt to do, any of the following while accessing or using America’s Ticket:
- Access, tamper with, or use non-public areas of America’s Ticket’s computer systems, or the technical delivery systems of America’s Ticket’s providers.
- Probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of any system or network, or breach or circumvent any security or authentication measures.
- Access or search, or attempt to access or search, America’s Ticket by any means (automated or otherwise) other than through our currently available, published interfaces that are provided by America’s Ticket (and only pursuant to the applicable terms and conditions).
- Forge any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any email or posting, or in any way use America’s Ticket to send altered, deceptive, or false source-identifying information.
- Interfere with or disrupt the access of any user, host or network, including, without limitation, sending a virus, overloading, flooding, spamming, mail-bombing the America’s Ticket Platform, or by scripting the creation of content in such a manner as to interfere with or create an undue burden on America’s Ticket.
Any account engaging in the following activities may be temporarily locked or subject to permanent suspension. An account created to replace a suspended account may be permanently suspended.
- Negative Campaigning Practices: Candidates are not allowed to talk about, to, or towards another candidate, party or anyone or anything other than themselves and their campaign.
- Vulgarity/Language: Use of what is traditionally understood to be vulgar or inappropriate language is not tolerated by any user, Candidate or voter.
- Bias/Racism: Use of what is traditionally understood to be raciest or inappropriate language is not tolerated by any user, Candidate or voter.
- Malware/Phishing: You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another person’s browser or computer or to compromise a person’s privacy.
- Spam: You may not use the America’s Ticket Platform for the purpose of spamming anyone. Spam is generally defined on America’s Ticket as bulk or aggressive activity that attempts to manipulate or disrupt America’s Ticket or the experience of users on America’s Ticket to drive traffic or attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives. Some of the factors that we take into account when determining what conduct is considered to be spamming include:
- if you have sent messages to a large number of accounts in a short time period, particularly by automated means
- if your messages consist mainly of links shared without commentary
- if a large number of people have blocked you in response to high volumes of untargeted, unsolicited, or duplicative content or engagements from your account
- if a large number of spam complaints have been filed against you
- if you post duplicative or substantially similar content, replies, or mentions over multiple accounts or multiple duplicate updates on one account, or create duplicate or substantially similar accounts
- if you post multiple updates to a trending or popular topic with an intent to subvert or manipulate the topic to drive traffic or attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives
- if you send large numbers of unsolicited replies or mentions
- if you add users to lists in a bulk or aggressive manner
- if you are randomly or aggressively engaging with users to drive attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives
- if you repeatedly post other people’s account information as your own
- if you post misleading, deceptive, or malicious links (e.g., affiliate links, links to malware/clickjacking pages, etc.)
- if you create fraudulent accounts, account interactions, or impressions; and
- if you attempt to artificially inflate account interactions.